1. SCOPE OF THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
2. HWI WEBSITE
This website and all other HW International Group websites are hosted in Canada. If you are located outside of Canada, your provision of personal information or other access to or use of our websites results in your personal information being transmitted to Canada, a jurisdiction where the laws protecting personal information may not be equivalent to the laws of your own country. HWI maintains appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect the security and confidentiality of your personal information at all times. Despite this, the security of any information transmitted via the Internet cannot always be guaranteed, and you acknowledge and accept this in your access and use of our websites.
3. INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
The information we may collect through our websites includes:
• your name, address, occupation and other contact information;
• information regarding your dealings with us;
• any interest you have in relation to our services or our practice areas (including job openings);
• any information you may voluntarily submit to us by completing any form on our websites; and
• details of your visits to and usage of our website including the date and time of your visit(s), the Internet Protocol (IP) address(es) from which you visited, and the resources on our website that you viewed.
We may collect this information in various ways, including:
• from any form you may complete and submit through our website, for example information collected from the “Contact Us” page;
• from the content of surveys that you may complete on our website;
• from “cookies” and other similar tools deployed on our websites (for further information regarding cookies used on our websites, please see Section 6 below);
• when you provide information as a client in connection with us providing professional services to you, whether through this or another HW International Group website or office (such services may be subject to additional terms and conditions); and
4. WHAT WE MAY DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use information held about you in the following ways and for purposes specified in the relevant parts of the website:
• to facilitate your participation in interactive features you may choose to use on our website;
• to correspond with you, notify you of events or changes to our service, or otherwise to respond to your queries and requests for information, which may include marketing to you; and
• for the purposes of providing professional services to you via HWI applications (such services may be subject to additional terms and conditions).
We will never share or sell your personal information with or to any third parties outside of the HW International Group for marketing purposes.
5. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
HWI may disclose your personal information to other companies affiliated or associated with HWI, including without limitation fellow HW International Group companies, for the uses and purposes set out above. We may disclose your personal information to independent third parties:
• if we are obliged to disclose your personal information under applicable law, regulation, or judicial mandate;
• to protect the rights of HWI, our clients, or other parties as deemed necessary by HWI;
• in accordance with the separate terms and conditions of use that may attach to HWI website links; and
• where deemed necessary by HWI for the uses and purposes set out above (for example, where some aspects of our websites’ operations or services are outsourced to a third-party service provider).
We will never disclose your personal information to any third parties outside of the HW International Group for marketing purposes.
6. COOKIES AND INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM YOUR COMPUTER
When you visit our website, our server may record your IP address for the purposes of systems administration. In most cases, your IP address is not linked to any of your personal information, but in limited circumstances (e.g. if you log into restricted parts of our website), your IP address may be linked to your personal information. HWI may also gather other non-personal information from you (from which HWI cannot identify you), such as the type of device and internet browser used to access our website(s), which HWI uses to provide you with a more effective service. Additionally, when you visit our websites, HWI may store a ‘cookie’ on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies are small text files that a website transfers to your hard drive to store and sometimes collect information about your usage of websites. You can control the way in which cookies are used by altering your browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. In order to help us improve our websites and the services we provide, and to improve your experience using our websites, we use the following two types of cookies:
i. Session cookie. This type of cookie is used only on those parts of our websites that are restricted and can only be accessed by authorized users who typically authenticate themselves through their user IDs and passwords (e.g., our online client/carrier tools). This type of cookie is essential to keep authenticated users logged into our websites and to enable them to visit different parts of our websites. It will be stored on your computer for a short period (typically 48 hours) and the information held in it will be accessed automatically to authenticate you when you visit the website again. Otherwise, this cookie will be deleted when you log out and close the browser.
ii. Google Analytics. This cookie is provided by Google, and we use them on our websites in order to analyze how visitors use our website, thereby helping us to improve our websites. Google Analytics collects information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to our websites, how visitors have arrived to our websites, and which pages on our website the visitors have viewed. Click here for an overview of privacy at Google.
Please note that our websites may not recognize or respond to any signal which your browser might transmit through the so-called “Do Not Track” feature your browser might have. Enabling such feature on your browser will not necessarily affect the way in which our websites operate, and if you wish to disable cookies on our websites, you should not rely on any such “Do Not Track” feature.
HWI maintains appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect the security of your data against loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, and alteration. Despite this, the security of information transmitted via the Internet cannot always be guaranteed. Your continued access and use of our websites means that you acknowledge and accept this fact.
From time to time, we may change this Policy and post those changes to our website located at www.hughwood.com. The effective date of this privacy notice, as indicated at the beginning of this privacy notice, indicates the last time this privacy notice was revised or materially changed. We will notify you of changes to this Policy by posting the revised Policy on our website.
If you have any questions or comments regarding HWI’s use of personal information provided through our website, or the privacy thereof, please contact the Webmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. NO REPRODUCTION OR TRANSMISSION
No part of this site may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, which includes but is not limited to facsimile transmission, photocopying, recording, rekeying or using any information storage or retrieval system, without express written permission from the copyright owner. Requests for permission or further information should be directed to the Webmaster.