Hugh Wood Inc.’s Winery Program is a specialty insurance program for wineries, vineyards & custom crush facilities. The HWI Winery Program is designed to provide comprehensive coverage for all aspects of the winery industry from crops to crush to bottled wine. The value in HWI stems from the stability of our underwriters, niche specific coverages, proprietary rates and excellent claims handling capabilities.
Partnering with HWI delivers an additional international benefit. We are a preeminent global insurance broker, with offices in 8 countries throughout the world. We have experience dealing with wineries of all sizes, including some of the premier wineries in France. HWI delivers global skills with local Washington service from our Seattle office.
The HWI Winery Program combines necessary business insurance coverages into one convenient program. These coverages are optimized for your unique business.
- General Liability
- Separate Liquor Liability Limits
- Blanket Additional Insured
- No Charge for Certificates
- Fellow Employee Coverage
- Separation of Insureds
- Blanket Limit for Buildings, Business Personal Property, and Stock
- Blanket Limit for Coverage Extensions
- No Coinsurance Penalty
- Replacement Cost for Property
- Agreed Value and Market Price options for Stock
Vintners require specialty coverages which are not customarily available from all providers. The HWI Winery Program is designed for these unique coverages.
- Wine Contamination (no sublimit)
- Harvested unprocessed fruit, wine in-process and finished
- Trellis and Grape Vines
- Property in transit
- Wine Leakage
- Mobile Equipment
- Damage to Stock
- Power Failure(on and off premises)
- Nesting or infestation
- Wine Caves, Solar Panels, Winery Equipment and Barrels
- Blending Errors (optional)