With over 50 years combined experience of handling and placing Aquaculture Insurance polices for fish farmers around the world, the HWI Aquaculture team is well placed to assist with all the Insurance requirements of any fish farm in this highly specialised class of Insurance. Our technical knowledge, experience, and support from experts within the Aquaculture Industry allows us to constantly develop and manage Aquaculture programmes and policies that are tailor-made to meet the needs not only of the individual fish farmer but also investors within this growing industry. Our services include:
Fish Stock Mortality Cover:
- Onshore farming - constitutes the breeding and farming of fish in land-based tanks, ponds and raceways. Water is provided and oxygenated in a number of ways indluding graviity fed, pump ashore and recirculation aquaculture systems (RAS).
- Offshore farming - is the farming and/or ranching of fish in cages based in open water such as lakes, lochs and the open sea.
- All Risks of Mortality in Transit.
In tailoring your insurance policy the range of perils you choose can be a comprehensive "All Named Perils" insurance or one or more specific perils dependent on your needs. Perils available are as follows:
- Theft, malicious acts.
- Predation or physical damage caused by predators or other aquatic organisms (but not by sea lice or other ectoparasites).
- Storm, lightning, collision, sudden and unforeseen structural failure of equipment.
- Jellyfish infestation.
- Drought, fire, exposion, earthquake.
- Flood, tidal wave.
- Freezing, supercooling, ice damage.
- Deoxygenation due to competing biological activity or to changes in the physical or chemical condition of the water, including upwelling and high water temperature.
- Any other change in concentration of the normal chemical constituents of the water, including change in pH or salinity.
- Disease - including sea lice and ectoparasites.
- Mechanical breakdown or accidental damage to machinery and other installations.
- Electrical breakdown, failure or interruption of the electricity supply, electrocution.
- Equipment (Cages, Feed Barges etc.), Equipment Tows, Hull & Working Craft.
Insurable Perils include:
- Perils of the seas, rivers, lakes or other navigable waters.
- Fire, lightning, explosion.
- Contact with land conveyance.
- Accidents in loading/discharging.
- Negligence of repairers.
- Malicious acts.